Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fort Casey Retreat (pt. 1)

This weekend was our church's (Epic Life Church) second all church retreat. Last year we went up to the mountains but this year we headed out to the coast (kinda) and stayed at Fort Casey. Fort Casey is on Whidbey Island near the opening of the Puget sound. It was built along with two other forts on opposite sides of the water to protect Seattle and the rest of the military bases around the Puget Sound during World War I and again reactivated during World War II. It is now a beautiful State Park with views of rolling hills, mountains, and the sound. We stayed in the barracks at the Fort, ate at the mess hall, and walked along the beach to see the fortresses and historic light house. It was overall a beautiful weekend with perfect weather!

View from the beach

Charlie exploring the Fort

Charlie and a VERY tired, VERY pregnant me!

View from the lighthouse. 

Charlie and Tim playing pool in the creepy basement. 

The colonel's house at sunset
Deception Pass
 (All of the above photos were edited using Instagram) 

I have a few more black and white photos of the actual Fort that I want to post but I'm not sure how many photos I can post at once so I will put up a second post if this one works!

-Cait

101012 1012

No comments:

Post a Comment