Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting Ready

So it is getting to crunch time... kinda, technically we still have a month but we are trying to get ready for the little man hoping he decides to show up a little early. The reality of the situation is that he will probably get an eviction notice (I'll be induced) within the next few weeks if I don't go into labor on my own. He is doing well but getting very big. We had an ultrasound today (sorry mom, no pictures) and he was measuring big. The measurements they took all put him in the 40-42 week age range which is 4-6 weeks further than he really is and averaged his weight at a little over 9 pounds (the 97th percentile). It doesn't seem like 9 pounds is necessarily huge but its weird to think that if he was born today he would still be considered a month premature. Charlie just says he's an overachiever!

I go to see my doctor tomorrow so she can review the results with me and hopefully talk about a plan for getting the little man out if he doesn't come on his own, just so I know what to expect. On the upside last week they checked my A1c level which checks overall diabetes control over the last 3 months and it was good, a little elevated but lower than I thought it would be. The plan was that if it was below 6, it was 5.9, I could wait a little longer to be induced as long as he does okay with his non-stress tests and my blood pressure stays down!

My weekend project!
Getting the car cleaned and Asher's seat installed!
Overall I think we are doing pretty well here; my belly itches like crazy, I am getting stretch marks everywhere and I feel like everything on me is swollen but I think that is all normal at this point unfortunately. I'm working for the next three nights with the hopes that maybe that will entice him to keep dropping (or start dropping, I don't think he has yet!). But both Charlie and I are VERY excited for November to finally be here! The plan is to have an update later in the week but we'll see. I hope everyone enjoys Halloween!

Cait

102912 1150

2 comments:

  1. OOOOH soooo close! Hope everything goes well for you, Charlie and baby!!! Good luck caiters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cleanest that car has been in almost a decade (good work Asher-way to inspire your momma :)
    Love all three of you...Asher your ama is waiting...with pressies..and kisses.
    See you SOON--I hope :):):)

    ReplyDelete